Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Self Portrait Reflection

I started out with an idea for my self portrait that I thought could really express who I am. However I came across some challenges that made it that my idea wouldn't come to completion. I found some songs that I thought would fit me but I couldn't get them to fit the time window we were given so I was looking for a while on something that fit two minutes and also fit me. I wanted to be able to do a rhythmic edit in which the images would occasionally change where the beat of the music did. I did complete this in parts of my portrait which I am pretty happy with. Although there are small areas if given the time I would like to fix. Another problem I encountered was not having a tripod. A decent amount of the shots were not stable. The tripod would have also helped me in filming more of my art work and processes. This also would have helped when filming myself. The person I used to help film me never uses cameras and is not technically advanced, which made the process very difficult. I did however take some footage Natalie filmed of me over the summer with my camera. This was not my original plan but seeing as how I didn't have the time to film more and I needed the footage to edit, I combined the two and I think it worked. One particular instance I enjoyed how it turned out would be the moment where the waves are crashing and turns into me diving into the pool with the water splashing. Overall, with the time I had I think it turned out alright. If I did have more time I think I could have gone more with my original plan and it would have expressed myself better and I would personally enjoy it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment