Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Self portrait ideas

Just like I am about some things in life, I'm still a little bit unsure about what I want for my self portrait. I went around and ask some family and friends about what they thought when they think of me. Some of them didn't quite grasp the concept but they still gave me some words that I could use in a different manner.

Here are some of the words that came up:
Organized
Money
Travel
Culturally Immersed
Beautiful
Respectful
Considerate
Patient
Kind
Creative
Artistic
Gentle touch
Swimming
Photography
Television
Individual

One thing that I was hoping to do was a double exposure. This would be interesting to do for me one, being as I have never done it before but I love the way that it looks in other people's work. I also think it would be a good thing for me to do because of who I am. I will show one side of me to everyone but very few people know the real me. In one of the exposures I would have myself in the shot and in the other I would have things that portrayed me. I really like the idea of doing something with my art supplies and having ink flowing or even having my GoPro under the water and looking up as one of the background exposures. Another thing I would love to do is have the exposure of me start out either darker or out of focus and then as the film goes on it gradually gets lighter and more in focus. This would be representing the past couple of years for me, seeing as how I went through a really rough patch and I was unsure about practically everything but now I'm finding my way and I'm seeing things I haven't seen in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment