Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Final Reflection

Through the duration of this class I have learned more about the history of experimental films and about experimental filmmakers. I have also learned to "loosen up" and experiment more with my work. This class has gone along well with the 332 Interactive Media class and with my ART 111 class. My drawing class has helped me to loosen my grip on being a perfectionist and has helped me to incorporate that into my films for 302. While Interactive Media has helped me to understand more of the aspects talked about in our 302 class and I was able to relate things to another. I think that I've grown as a filmmaker in a couple of ways. One obviously being how I am experimenting with new ideas and ways of creating my work. During my self portrait I used different methods I had not used before and I think they turned out really well. I know I will be using some of the techniques again in future projects. I have also grown in the aspect of deciding what I want to do once in the business. When I first started the film major I wasn't quite sure where I wanted to end up. I thought maybe cinematography or editing for television shows. As I learned more about sound I became interested in that as well. Recently however, I have thought more about working with music videos. From a young age I have loved watching them. I have also been thinking about how I love watching edited clips from television shows I watch and how artists create rhythmic edits. I know that I would love to work with television but I could also see myself venture into the music industry working on music videos. In previous courses I was not able to experience other crew positions but being able to do so in this class has also helped me grow and to realize the potential I have in other positions.

No comments:

Post a Comment