Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Synesthesia and Cymatics

Recently I have seen/heard about synesthesia a lot. I saw a video online of a girl who paints music and they turn out really good. (Video below) I have also been learning about it as an art minor. I find it really cool when my classes intermix and what I'm learning goes together. Just the other day I go to mention synesthesia in my physical anthropology class, allowing it mix in even more with my studies. As an artist I love to see how people see things differently than I do and what different styles come out of it. Watching Melissa's video made me want to see what the other synesthete are doing with this condition. Talking about how much I've seen of synesthesia lately, I have also recently seen a video going around about an artist using cymatics and the result are just as beautiful. It also made me want to find more examples involving music. Another interesting video I found shows different kinds of materials used for cymatics. It is also posted below. Possibly one of my favorites was the use of light around 3:34. You are able to see the levels of the audio almost clearly , while looking visually stunning and appealing to the eye.





No comments:

Post a Comment