Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Assignment 1b

For this assignment, I went in thinking it could not be any worse than another project I had to do over summer that was fairly similar. Both my partner and I had no experience in sound design with no clue what to do. The project took a turn south when my partner would not listen to me and rejected the fact that we weren't meeting the requirements for the project. I ended up having to make changes on it myself and hearing ours with the rest of the soundscapes I was worried for my grade and how people would see how I worked. However, this project turned out a lot better. I thought that to do this project we would have to warp or change the sound itself in some sort of way. As I have never taken a sound design course I have limited ability regarding sound so I was hoping to gain some experience. I also had a much better group of people to work with, who also happened to have experience and sound design. At the beginning of summer I didn't realize what all was put into the sound aspect of a film. Now, however I see how important is in aspects to the whole and how many layers of sounds can make a difference. For our soundscape most of it consisted of layers of different sounds. The main thing we changed was the speed and the breaks of silence. This made me realize you don't have to alter much for the sounds to make you see an image. It was really cool when we were working on it because I kept imagining this man marching through the snow at night, in the rain going towards a cabin. Like the Poe feel we talked about in class but I was also brought back to wilderness films such as the Revenant and White Fang.

No comments:

Post a Comment