Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Fred Camper

According to Fred Caper there are six things that categorize experimental film. He talks about how experimental film is usually created by a small amount of people with a minimal budget that is done with a great amount of passion. How it doesn't usually have a linear story and makes use of materials such as scratching, painting, or cutting. One of the first experimental films I saw was Meshes of the Afternoon and Un Chien Andalou. With no prior knowledge of experimental I assumed that there was no particular meaning of what was placed in an experimental, that they were constantly changing. However, after taking the 6x1 film class I learned how so much is put into making an experimental. I got to experience scratching film and the longing to finish painting a series of images on the film. It was then I realized how much is really put into these works and that they aren't just some images thrown together.

No comments:

Post a Comment