Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Bela Balazs

I was recently told that sound was as important as image was in a film. At first I found this difficult to believe but after recording sound and learning more about it, my perspective has changed. I've learned to focus my hearing while watching a film and have noted the different layers of sound added. The lack of sound was particularly important in tense scenes as stated by Balazs;"then suddenly cuts out all sound and brings it up to us in isolated close­up, then the physiognomy of that object takes on a significance and tension that seems to provoke and invite the event which is to follow." I never would have realized before the importance of these scenes and why the filmmakers make the decision to remove sound but now I see the impact that it has on one's audience. What an impact sound has in general on an audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment