Saturday, October 8, 2016

Assignment 1c

While I have shot on film before, this was a different experience. I'm use to working with my mother's Minolta Maxxum and neither of us had use for a light meter. I have also taken a photography course a couple of summers ago through Hoggard High School where we got to process our own film in their darkroom. The class was a great way for me to further my abilities but yet again we did not work with light meters. I think that if the course would have been over a longer period of time then we could have explored the idea of light meters rather than just the film itself. I loved working with the Pentax once I got a feel for the camera and for the light meter. I believe that I have a Pentax somewhere at home that I was given as a gift from a teacher and have been wanting to use that and the Holga she gave me for some time. After working on this project I have had the inspiration to want to go buy some film and once the weather has let up go and explore with those cameras. I think that I feel the same way about film that my mother did. Where film is a unique process and it gives you a surreal experience. The only thing I hope to work with one day is shooting a film on film stock. I have worked on destroying film stock in the 6x1 class but I feel that if your actually shooting something on that camera there will be another feeling or experience that is different to everything else that I have mentioned above. Overall, working on this project and shooting with the film was a great way to explore and expand my creativity and has given me more ideas for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment